Install the Linksys RE6500 Setup to improve your WiFi connectivity to the internet.
This page will provide instructions on how to configure the AC1200 Dual-Band WIFI Extender using the configuration wizard if you experience any difficulties accessing the installation page. For directions on how to install utilizing Wi-Fi Protected SetupTM (WPS).
Welcome to the setup page for the Linksys RE6500 range extender on the extender.linksys.com website. Please make sure your WiFi settings (SSID, login information, and security key) are prepared before configuring your range extender.
Linksys RE6500 Setup | AC1200
- Connect your extender to an electrical socket to set up the RE6500 repeater.
- your Linksys RE6500 on.
- On your wireless device, such as a laptop or smartphone, go to the WIFI Settings.
- Join the network for the AC1200 Extender setup.
- Visit the extender.linksys.com website in any web browser.
- You are now on the login page. Select “Start Setup” from the menu.
- Now adhere to the detailed directions that will show on the screen.
- Your repeater is now successfully connected to your home modem or router.
- Unplug the booster and set it where you want it for optimal connectivity
How to do Linksys RE6500 Setup using the WPS method?
In order to configure your Linksys RE6500 using WPS, follow the instructions below:
- You must first turn on the Linksys RE6500 AC1200.
- Place the router and RE6500 in the same space.
- The extender’s WPS button should be pressed.
- Verify that the RE6500 extender’s LED lights are appropriately blinking.
- An excellent position for the Linksys AC1200 extension is.
- The Linksys RE6500 WIFI Extender is finally ready for wireless device syncing.
How to install the Linksys RE6500 wifi range extender?
- Connect the repeater to the power socket before installing the Linksys RE6500.
- after the extender’s light starts to blink.
- Connect the cat5 or ethernet connection from your booster to the primary router.
- Now from your laptop, open a browser and type extender.linksys.com.
- You are now on the installation page for a WiFi booster. Follow the instructions to connect your AC1200 to the main network or modem after clicking “Start Setup.”
Linksys RE6500 Setup | Firmware update
Follow these procedures to upgrade the firmware on your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 router:
- First, check if the Linksys RE6500 is connected to a power source.
- Visit the website extender.linksys.com right away.
- This is the repeater login page, thank you. Specify your login information.
- Search for the Administration option after signing in, then choose Firmware Upgrade.
- Select your most recent upgrade and then click “Update Now.”
- Check your AC1200’s version before clicking “download.”
- Download the latest recent version, then launch the file.
- The most recent security patch has now been published to your repeater.
Factory reset process
- Find the Reset button on your extender to reset the Linksys RE6500.
- Put a paper clip or pin into the Linksys RE6500 Extender’s reset hole gently.
- For at least 10 seconds, press the Reset button.
- Power cycle the device to finish the AC1200 reset.
- Once you’ve successfully reset your Linksys RE6500, you should restart it.
Linksys RE6500 Setup Troubleshooting steps
Here are a few tips for troubleshooting Linksys RE6500 Setup problems:
- Connect to an installed AC1200 repeater using your laptop.
- Verify that the Linksys RE6500 extender is properly plugged into the power outlet.
- Update the Linksys AC1200 Extender’s firmware.
- Keep your extension away from aluminum studs, doors, and other potential entry points.
- Verify that all of the wires are functional.
- Simply use the most recent version of your web browser while configuring the RE6500.
- Reset the booster’s power, then reset your extender.
- Check the manual for your default login information if you’ve lost or forgotten them.