What is an Eternity Band?
An Eternity Band is an endless series of shimmering diamonds. It features a continuous band of cut gemstones and is a symbol of commitment & love for diamond stacking rings. Set adjacently, the diamonds reflect each other’s gleaming surface. Not to mention the shining metal that is a cherry on top.
A glimpse into the history of Eternity Bands:
As fascinating as it sounds, the history of Eternity Rings dates back to 4000 years ago. People from ancient Egypt donned the Eternity Bands as an epitome of eternal love and long-lasting life. The ring has evolved much with time. But since fashion is a cyclical trend, the rings we see today resemble the original ones a lot.
Many designs have come up in Eternity Rings over the years. One of them consisted of the snake design. Rings dug up from the ancient past featured a symbol of a snake biting its tail, which depicted the circle of birth and death.
While the Eternity Ring went out of vogue for several years, in the 60s they had a grand comeback to the mainstream. The Diamond Sellers and The Soviet Union signed a pact for the sale of diamonds from Russia. Thus, it continued the journey of Eternity Bands in the modern realm of fashion.
Types of Diamond Eternity Bands to Buy from Vardui Kara:
- Ascending Diamond Eternity Ring
- 14K White Gold Diamond Eternity Band Classic
- Fortress Eternity Diamond Ring
- U-Prong Setting Diamond Eternity Band
- 3-Carat Diamond Eternity Band
- Diamond Circle Happy Ring
While these are some of the many, you should visit the store to explore more from the collection! The best thing about these rings is they are diamond-stacking rings and look great when teamed up with any kind of ring.
Things to consider before buying an Eternity Band:
Eternity Bands are indeed a costly affair. While many people buy eternity rings for themselves, partners often buy them for each other to mark significant milestones of life such as marriage, anniversaries, childbirth, etc. So, it is imperative to keep these points in mind before buying one:
- Cost to be incurred: To decide a price range for your Eternity Band is the most important aspect. The knowledge of your price range helps you to choose the metal, size, and shape of the diamond and band.
- Full/Half/3/4th Ring: Although Eternity Bands symbolize the eternal love and commitment between couples, some people choose to have the diamond in a semi-circle. It may be a 3/4th coverage of the band too. The reason is the probable fluctuation of size. If you feel your partner’s ring size can fluctuate over the years, then it is best to keep half or 3/4th coverage. This will allow you the space to alter it in the future.
- The setting of the Band: Eternity Bands come in a variety of settings. Some of these are Pave, Split Prong, Shared Prong, Channel Pave, Milgrain, etc. Pave Setting is the most common as it resembles the quintessential engagement ring. There are delicately tucked diamonds on the metallic surface of the band and the prongs push the diamonds in place. You can choose the one that suits your personality and budget the best!
- The shape of the Diamond: Round Diamonds account for the most number of purchases. But to experiment with other shapes can be quite impressive as well. The Princess-cut and Asscher-cut Eternity Bands created loads of buzz in the market lately. The Oval-shaped and Marquise-shaped diamonds are also selling fast at jewelry stores.
- Diamond Width: The width of the diamond is one of the prime concerns when you buy an Eternity Band. Ideally, it should match the width of the engagement ring. If the latter is 3 mm above the finger’s surface, then the eternity band should also be the same.
Difference between Promise Rings and Eternity Rings:
The two rings may appear to be twins of each other, but wait before you jump to any conclusions. There’s a very minute difference in their utility and the occasions you buy them for.
A Promise Ring is not an engagement ring in reality. But it signifies the ideals of love and commitment toward the partner. It can be given to anyone with whom you share a pious relationship. While it has been abuzz for centuries, it was the most popular in the early 20th century. Men often gave it to their date partners to commit to the relationship. In the present trend, people majorly gift it on the occasion of pre-marriage or pre-engagement parties.
On the other hand, Eternity Bands have an entirely different history that involves the ancient Egyptian culture. These rings symbolize an eternal relationship of love and commitment with a romantic meaning mostly. They are gifted to mark the silver or golden jubilee of one’s marriage. They can even be gifted to celebrate the birth of a child. It simply marks a milestone of a relationship and a promise to continue it further with the same commitment.
Popular Eternity Bands of all times:
- Marilyn Monroe: One of the most renowned Eternity Bands that women are fond of to date was worn by Marilyn Monroe. Joe DiMaggio gave it to the eternal star. It was a Platinum Eternity Band with 35 baguette diamonds back in the bygone 1954!
- Princess Letizia of Asturias: The royal jewels always held global admiration. One that created quite a buzz in 2004 was a White Gold Eternity Band that Princess Letizia owned. It was an Eternity Band with 16 stunning diamonds and Prince Felipe of Spain gave it to her.
Sounds intriguing? Wait no more and visit the Vardui Kara website to choose one for yourself or your better half. Beautify the occasions of the anniversary with these rings and make them memorable. Eternity Bands not just make for a surreal present but also are the most mindful piece of jewelry purchases as they can be great for women who love stacking rings. They are a remarkable present and are worth every penny that you spend.
For more: Lifestyle
Leave a Reply