How can I use my card to withdraw cash, without having to pay a fee for it?
There are several ways in which you can withdraw cash with your card, without having to pay a fee for it.
- To withdraw cash, use one of the AllPoint-brand ATMs, which are “in network” with your card. You can find an ATM near you using the location tool on EIPCard.com , or on the Money Network® mobile app. There may be a limit to the amount you can withdraw from an ATM.
- Withdraw cash or “cash-back” at participating merchants. If you are in a merchant that allows you to do so, when they process your card, on the machine keyboard, select “Debit” or debit, enter your 4-digit PIN, select “Yes” or yes, to make “cash-back” or withdraw cash, then enter the amount of cash you wish to withdraw. Review the establishment’s policies on cash withdrawals and limit amounts.
- Request a Money Network® cashier’s check and cash it at one of the participating check cashing locations. Find ones near you at EIPCard.com . To avoid paying fees for this, cash only Money Network checks, and cash only at participating network locations. There may be limits.
Tip: If you already have an account at a bank or credit union, with which you can already conveniently access cash, you can transfer money from the card to this personal account and then withdraw cash, the same way you normally do. once it is available.
How can I transfer money from my card to a personal account without paying a fee?
To transfer money (up to $2,500 per transaction) to a personal account without paying a fee, you will need to log into your account at EIPCard.com (English page, Spanish resources available there) to initiate the transfer there.
- To transfer to a bank or credit union account, you will need to provide the routing number and your personal account number at EIPCard.com .
- To transfer to a personal prepaid card you already have, first verify that it accepts transfers by logging into your account online, or by calling the issuer. If it accepts transfers, you will need to provide the routing number and your personal account number at EIPCard.com .
Tip: In many cases, peer-to-peer or “P2P” transfer applications, such as Venmo or PayPal, will accept your Economic Impact Payment card as a valid source of funds. Check with each P2P service provider for their specific instructions so you can do this for free.
I would like to pay a bill (such as rent) that does not allow debit card payments: How can I do it without having to pay a fee for it?
You can pay your rent, bills or make other payments from your account using Money Network’s “Check” service without having to pay a fee.
To do this you will need:
- Request a Money Network check by calling their customer service at 1-800-240-8100
- Check your balance to make sure you have enough money to cover the debit card payment
- When you receive the check, write the date, the amount of money and the name of who you are paying
- Activate the check by calling customer service at 1-800-240-8100, follow the instructions to fill in the check number, its digits and amount, and to save the issuer and transaction number that the telephone system will give you automated.
- Once you have activated the check, the payment will be immediately deducted from your account balance and you can send it to pay your rent or any other bill.
Tip: If you occasionally pay a bill with a money order or money order, consider using a Money Network check instead to avoid paying the money order fee.
Leave a Reply